Sunday, 26 February 2012

It Seems that LOVE is in the Air for Sure.... Birthday Sundaes Card Challenge #45 - Get Messy Birthday Card

Well deciding what card to do today for the Birthday Sundaes Challenge #45 was easy, as we just heard friends of ours have gotten engaged, while celebrating a birthday.  So congratulations are required all around.
They are on a boat in the Caribean at the moment.  That is apparently where the question was popped.

This is the card all closed up and the sides of the cards folded in.

This is the image which I chose to mount onto the back inside of the card.  You see this once you unfold the card.

This is the sides of the inside of the card.  Kept fairly simple. no sentiment I felt was needed.
Supplies used for this card are as follows:

Liquid Pearls by Ranger  - Opal White
Rhinestones from my stash in round and heart shaped Two Wedding Laces from my stash
Glossy Accents by Ranger
Therm O Web Tape
Scor Tape
Heart Shaped Brads
Flourish Brads in Silver
Bazzil Card Stock in both creamy white and a champange
Spell Binder die Lacy Oval
The stamp is Penny Black  "Stuck on you"
Ranger Embossing Powder in Clear
Stickles by Ranger in Red
Color Box Ink
White satin Ribbon from stash
Copic Markers to colour the image
The Sentiment Stamp is from my stash, origin unknown



 

The card was fun to do.  It starts out with your choice of a piece of card stock three times longer than it is wider.  In my case, I used fifteen inches as length by five inches of height.  Since I did not have casrd stock fifteen inches long, I took two pieces 5 x 10 inches and overlapped them for the back section.  Scor the piece at 5 and 10 inches.  Now you have to decide which way you folded sides will flow.  I scorred mine from the top left to the bottom right of the first and third sections of card.  You should now be able to fold the front (left hand side) section upward towards the center and the third section downward towards the center section.  Once you have this you simply decorate in the fashion you desire.  I cut creamy white card stock 1/4 inches smaller and mounted it on all the section on the inside and the outside which is seen once the card is closed.

I took Liquid Pearls in Opal White and white washed the cream card stock.  As I did not want the bulk of the brads I simply removed the legs and mounted them to the card with Glossy Accents.  The image is mount using Pop Dots and was decorated using Liquid Pearls again. Small rhinestones shaped in hearts were placed onto the hearts in the image as well.  Additional rhinestones were place at the corners on the inside.  The plain red brads were coated with a beautiful red Stickles.

The front of the card is layered and then I attached it using demensionals only to the left side of the front, enabling one to still open the card.  A satin ribbon was attached using Scor Tape across the back and threaded under the front sentiment, and tied at the side of the card, thus holding it closed. 

Well I hope I have remembered everything.

Please remember in Life,
Wee things are what matter.

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment