Monday, 6 February 2012

Sundaes Birthday Challenge # 42 - Karens Doodles

Good Afternoon Everyone, 
Time sure flies when you are having fun.  This card for Birthdays Sundaes Challenge #42, was a great deal of fun for me to create. I found my mind racing to do different things as they came into thought.
The card which I have created is a Zig Zag Fold, is 6 x 6 inch size.
The sponsor for this weeks challenge is Karens Doodles, who has great images and other products as well. 





The supplies which I used to make this card are as follows;
The Image is from Karens Doodles and is called:  Herbert Birthday Cupcake

Copics
Copic Multi Liners
Uniball Signo - White
Spell Binder Die  -  Labels One Small S4-308
Glossy Accents by Ranger
Therm O Web adhesive
Scor Tape
Pop Dots
Liquid Pearls by Ranger  - White Opal and Baby Blue
Stickles by Ranger  -  Yellow,  Star Dust, Orange Peel, and Turquoise
Buttons by Dess It Up  - Tiny Stars
Resin Candles from my stash
Twine by The Twinery in Turquoise
Felt Demensional Stickers by Jolee's Boutique
Papers were from   -  Basic Grey (Picadilly), Lime Rickey(Tart and Tiny), and The Paper Company Studio(Paws and Claws)
Bazzil Card Stock in Navy Blue

The construction of the card was fairly simple.  I took a 12 x 12 inch piece of card stock and cut it into two strips 6 x 12 inches.  Scored each one at the 6 inch mark.  Then adhered the one on top of the other to create a zig zag shaped card.  That is your base.  Applied the various layers of different papers.  I created a sentiment using Memento Ink and a rubber stamp, the origin which I can not remember.
I coloured two images of Herbert the turtle.  One image was then cut out using a craft knife and the other had pieces cut out and applied in a raised fashion using Pop Dots.  The one image was then worked from behind with my stylus in the area of the turtles shell to as to give the shell  a demensional value.  Herbert was then glued onto the blue paper which was cut out using the Spell Binder die. This unit was then adhered to the base of the card with Pop Dots.  The items which I cut out of the second image were the cupcake on its plate, and the individual flower heads in the grass.  Make sure that you take the multi liner from Copic and color the edges of the images which you have cut out to give them a finished look. 

I applied a dot of White Opal Liquid Pearl to Herberts eye to highlight it and once dry I took Glossy Accents and highlighted the black pupil of his eye.

I used the various colours of Stickles to highlight the hat and its ribbons on top along with the center of the flowers and the icing of the cupcake.

Glossy Accent were used on the plate to give is the appearance of china wear.

I took the second image of the cupcake and my stylus and from the back I worked the icing part of the cupcake to give it the rounded appearance one would expect of such a yummy thing.  The cupcake unit was mounted over top of the original image using Pop Dots, doubled in the center and single along the outer edges, so as to keep the round appearance.

Three of the flowers were adhered over their original ones with Pop Dots and the other two were demensionized with the stylus and adhered using Glossy Accents.




Three glitter stars were added in the lower left corner, and three resin candles were added under the top cupcake but ontop of the base image.

The felt letters were layered with the various papers and adhered with Scor Tape and four glitter button which were tied with Twinery Twine were added.

Finally I applies Liquid Pearls around the from of the card and along the sides and the top of the inside in blue.

That my friends is how this came to pass.
Thank you for stopping by my blog.
Remember:  Wee-Things are what matter......

1 comment: